Thursday, March 01, 2007

Western Canada's largest Hunting Show.

This blog exists for over a year now and I just realized that I never posted anything about my beautiful Canadian home province of British Columbia.

No time like the present to remedy that lack.

From March 2nd to 3rd, 2007 western Canada’s biggest outdoor show opens its doors in the Abbotsford Tradeex Center. The show consists of three exhibitions rolled into one, they are. The Boat & Sportsmen’s Show (Fishing), The BC Hunting Show and the BC Log Home Timber Frame & Country Living Show.

Show times:
Friday, March 2nd 12 noon - 9 pm
Saturday, March 3rd 10 am - 8 pm
Sunday, March 4th 10 am – 5 pm

The Tradeex Outdoor Show has steadily grown over the years and today is the major exhibition show for hunters and fishers with an overall visitor number of 60,000 plus and over 500 exhibitors.

Throughout the show different seminars will be held. This year seminar speaker list includes, Jim McLennan (Fly Fishing, Reading Moving Water), Brian Chan (Chironomids Fly Fishing Tactics) and others. On the hunting seminar stage we can gain knowledge from Jim Walker, Primos Pro Staff (Elk Calling at it's Best), Johnny McDowell (Pro Moose Caller), Jim Bissenden of Jim Shockey's Hunting Adventures (Hunting Adventures from Around the World) and others.

All in all it looks like this is another huge event that I look forward to every year. For me the good news is that the show is basically direct in my neighborhood. So guess where I will spend my weekend.

If you’re near Abbotsford or live near the USA/Canada border in Washington state you really should try to visit the show this weekend in the Tradex Center Abbotsford. Among the many prices that can be won on various contests I have set my eye on the Can-Am Outlander 400 H.O ATV this years grand prize.

Next week I will be back here and report bits and pieces of the show.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Editor said...

go to Othmars' booth. Autographs only $10.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...