This is a meme, don’t ask me to explain it, I haven’t got a clue what it is. Marian sent me an email saying that I am tagged and I should go to her blog and see what it is all about.
Looks like I have to post the meme rules, then tell you eight radom facts about me – Do I really want people to know the facts about me, letting out my deep hidden secrets?
The rules of this meme are:
Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag eight other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Now on to the 8 random facts. Let me see! Hmmm, Ah okay, here we go.
1.I have a deep dislike for anything politically correct, it reeks of communism, I don’t care really that people get offended, it’s part of life deal with it. Finding nicer words to say things is not the solution to any problem, provided there is a problem in the first place.
2. It drives me nuts when I hear hunters squabble about little petty differences, such as bowhunters v. crossbow hunters, QDM advocates v. meat hunters. Yet all the while we forget the real problems our sport faces coming from animal rights and anti hunters. If we would spend as much energy, time and effort to fight the animal rights and anti hunters as we do fighting among ourselves, the antis would be a thing of the past.
3. Even if I don’t show it as much as I probably should and don’t talk much about it, but the fact is that after 10 years marriage I am still madly in love with my wife, she is not only my wife but best friend too and the only person I really trust..
4. I really would like to make the time this fall and go hunting with everybody that invited me.
5. At heart I am a redneck, I mean this in a positive way, I like country music and country folks. They are in general much smarter than city folks.
6. I am a smoker and I do not feel the need to apologize for it or to hang my head in shame. People smoked fifty years ago and very rarely had people cancer. Today we have heavily polluted air and water, our food (meat, vegetables and fruit) is raised/grown with the aid of potentially deadly chemicals, hormones and other nasty stuff, but nobody talks much about that and the negative influence (cancer) it has on our health. Do I think smoking is good? No, but not every health problem can be blamed on smoking and the smokers.
7. When I started blogging about hunting there where only very few blogs on that subject. Today there are many more and I love to exchange experiences and wisdom with other hunters. It is for the same reason that I give seminars. If I am not hunting I like to hang out with hunters.
8. I am proud to be a member of a heritage (hunting) that is as old as humankind. At the same time I feel sorry for the anti hunters that have abandoned human nature and the ancestral roots, in exchange of wishful thinking and living in a make-believe world. This might be the reason why they are so angry and hostile toward others that don't share the same opinions.
There you have it, my deep dark secrets are now out in the open for the entire world to read. Now that’s over with whom shall I tag with this meme?
Oh I know!
2.Hunting Wild Game / A way of Life
3.Hunt Smart Think Safety
6.South Jersey Outdoors
7. The Shed Antler
8. FlyFish Fanatic