Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Blog Post of the Month

© By Othmar Vohringer

Today I visited the HuntingLife.com blog almost got a shock when I read the following post:

    HuntingLife Blog Poster of the Month goes to Othmar Vohringer
    The business of setting up HuntingLife.com has taken its toll on me the last few months and I have not been able to keep up on my reading of all of the great blogs out there but over the last week I have been slowly catching up on some of my reading and I came across some great posts but this one particular post really hit me as one of the greatest I have read in the last several months of reading blogs. Othmar Vohringer is a dedicated outdoors writer and his blog is excellent. He is soon to be a hunting education instructor and is a founding member of the OBS.

Kevin refers to the article The Science of Hunting and The Good Old Days. I am still speechless about the attention this article generated. All I can say is a humble thank you. I am thrilled that to many readers could identify with what I wrote. I also would like to extend my sincere thanks to Tom Remington from the Black Bear Blog who picked the article up and wrote a very kind review. And then there is all the fellow bloggers that commented on my blog about the article too. Thank you to (in the order of comments) Bryan from the deerPhD, Rex from the Deer Camp Blog, Kristine from theHunt Smart, Think Safety Blog, Arthur from the Simply Outdoors Blog, Andy from the Andy & Julie Outdoors Blog (The only husband and wife team hunting blog I know in existence), Matt from the Bright Idea Outdoors Blog, Kevin (see link above HuntingLife.com), the Suburban Bushwhacker, Deerslayer from the Hunting Wild Game / A Way of Life, Marc from Nybowhunter.com Blog (The new kid on the blogging block and a bowhunting nut like me.), Phillip from the Hog Blog.

Phew, that almost felt like an Oscar Award nomination speech. But there is a reason why I posted all these links here. All the blogs listed here, and I am sure there are many more that I do not know of, provide their readers with excellent information on all things hunting, fishing and the outdoors. To view all the blogs of note scroll down the side bar to my blogroll, they are all listed there.

You all have inspired me and as a result I will tell you in a future article how I became an avid bowhunter and then almost gave it up again, and what made me fall in love with bowhunting again.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that post getting recognition. It tells a simple truth in a very thought provoking way.

Can't wait to read the bowhunting story.

Also, thanks for mentioning the GSI blog. I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Othmar, you deserve any recognition that comes your way. (Thanks for reciprocating with links!) I, like Kristine, will anxiously await the bowhunting story.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the story of why you always quit and then came back.

Your blog was very deserving of this award!

Alex said...

Nice blog. And I, too, can't want to hear the story of why you always quit and then came back. Keep it up!
-Alex-
-fishing4idiots.blogspot.com-

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thank you all for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments. The recognition certainly has given me a boost and encouragement to keep writing. As some of you know English is not my native language and ever so often I really struggle to write, sometimes to the point that I want to give it all up. But then something like this happens and gets the old fire going.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Anonymous said...

Othmar,

I just call them as I see them, good writing needs to be rewarded, and I am constantly looking at and reading a lot of poor writing so reading your post was a very welcome post!

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thanks Kevin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...