Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Full Story on Lucky Bear

© By Othmar Vohringer

This morning I posted a few pictures a friend sent to me about a bear that got himself into a spot of trouble on a bridge and had to be rescued.

Since I did not had any data to go along with the pictures I asked the readers of my blog to let me know if they knew more about it? Trust the many blogging friends, Phillip from the Hog Blog provided me with leads in the comment section. I am particularly pleased that Phillip was able to tell me… Antis read and weep!…that hunters took part in the bear rescue action.

I goggled it and came up with the following information. The incident occurred on the Donner Memorial Bridge on Highway 40 west near Donner Summit on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2007, near Truckee, California. The bear was walking across the bridge when at least two cars in opposite direction passed by. According to the sources, the bear apparently panicked and tried to jump over the bridge railing to avoid the cars.

You can read the full story here!

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...