Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What’s Up?

© By Othmar Vohringer

…Quite a bit! As you have noticed in the past week or so, I have been mostly absent from my blogs. There are several reasons for that, which I will briefly explain to you.

First, that cursed flu still has an iron grip on me and wears me down a bit. But mostly I have been busy over the last few days with upgrading my blogs. So far this blog and the Wild Turkey Fever blog are finished. I upgraded the blogs mostly because I got tired of the untidy side bar, it just didn’t look professional enough to me. The other reason is that I want all my blogs to have the exact same layout except for the main banners.

I also wanted a blog index were readers can find categorized information. The new upgrade gives me that tool and from now on readers can find all the information available on this blog of their choice with one single click on a link. You can find that feature further down in the right panel.

The lion share of the time is consumed with preparations for up coming turkey hunting seminars. Here in British Columbia turkey hunting is still in its infantsy –the third season is soon coming - and just really started to catch on with the hunters. Understandably the thirst for turkey hunting knowledge is big here.

I get daily emails from hunters in that regard. It is this interest from the BC hunters that I came up with the idea to organize a special 1 ½ to 2-hour seminar in which I cover every turkey hunting topic from safety to field care. In addition the seminar participates will learn in five minutes to produce the two most basic and most effective turkey sounds with a slate type call and a box call. The seminars are concluded with a question and answer session, which has become a tradition on all of my seminars. This has been such a huge success that I now find myself inundated with requests from all over the province to appear with this special seminar.

The organization of such events takes a lot of time and effort, hence the lack of my appearance here on this blog. But boy is it great to help other hunters succeeding in something I am passionate about. Finally I can give back to the people that welcomed me with open arms when I moved to British Columbia.


Tags: , ,

8 comments:

Eagle Eyes said...

I like the new refreshing look of your blog. Very nice! Looking forward to hearing about everything that is on your plate!

Take care, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I like the new design. Very nice.

I think the seminar is a great idea too. I bet a lot of hunters will find it very helpful. You should try to get footage of it, and post it as a download on your blog.

SimplyOutdoors said...

I noticed the new look a couple of days ago and it looks very nice.

I need some turkey hunting advice and I agree with Kristine that being able to download it but we awesome.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Eagle eyes – Thank you, I am glad you like the new layout. I’ll will try my very best to keep you all updated.

Kristine – Thank you too. Heidi and I already talked about videotaping the seminar and put a clip on my new website in the seminar page as advertising. Having text and photos to describe a service is good, having also a video clip were clients can see you in action is better.

Arthur – Also a big thank you to you too. You are welcome to visit the Wild Turkey Fever blog where you will find lots of tips. You are also very welcome to trop me an email with any questions you may have. Of course you also could contact your local hunting show promoter or hunting club and tell them that they need to book my turkey hunting seminar. :)

-ov-

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! I wish I could get mine to look better.I was thinking of hiring someone to design mine for me, logo etc.
The turkey hunting seminar sounds really good. I've never been turkey hunting, but I plan on going with my father for the first time this year.

Holly Heyser said...

This looks fantastic - nice work (and not easy to do when you're fighting the flu). Take care of yourself!

Albert A Rasch said...

OV,

The sites look fantastic! Where can I get more info on modifying the blogger templates? I'm still having trouble figuring it out...

That flu doesn't seem to want to let go, nothing is more tenacious than a wintertime flu. Come to think of it, those summer ones are pretty bad too. Hope you shake it soon!

Rgards,
Albert A Rasch
The Rasch Outdoor Chronicles

Othmar Vohringer said...

NorCal Cazadoara and Albert – Thank you for your kind words. I have gotten almost rad of the flu but now I have to deal with a broken rib. (lol)

Albert, If you convert your blog to the new layout it will give you all the new options. Just make sure you save the template before you change as the change will erase all the extras you added into the sidebar, such as links and so on. Let me know if you need more help with it.

-ov-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...