Tuesday, July 22, 2008

News and Updates.

© By Othmar Vohringer.

Quite a bit has happened around here recently.

First I would like to congratulate Tom Sorenson from the Base Camp Legends blog to his debut on My Outdoor TV where he now hosts his own Base Camp Legends video show. I had a sneak preview and can tell you that I like very much what I have seen. Having been involved in TV and video production for many years, and soon will be again, I can fully appreciate the hard work and long hours Tom and his father but into the production of their videos. It’s definitely right up there with what we expect to see in a hunting show.

Brian Warner of Heirloom Turkey Calls has been hard at work for months, producing a few new calls in additions to the quality turkey calls. The new additions to the impressive product lineup are deer, elk, coyote and a variety of small game calls. Hunters that have already experienced the high workmanship and sound quality of the outstanding turkey calls know the quality they can expect from the new calls.

In an email Brian tells me that he works hard just to keep up with the demand for the new game calls. You can read a full product review on my Whitetail Deer Passion blog. I know what calls I will be carrying with me this coming deer hunting season. How about you?

Tom Sorenson from the Base Camp Legends blog was the first one to detect my newest writing outlet before I could tell you about it here. Tom wrote in his comment to my article West Virginia adds Hunter Safety Course to School Curriculum. “…By the way, Othmar - I just read your blog on HuntOnly - good stuff!”.

Thanks Tom I appreciate your kind words. The editor of HuntOnly.com has asked me if I would like to contribute some articles to their website. Usually I decline to write without getting paid, unless it is for a large reputable website. In these cases I will occasionally make an exception to the rule and provide articles from my archive. For me this is the best and least costly way to get advertised. The first three articles can be read here, here and here.

Note; do not be alarmed if you see a strange picture at the top of my articles. That is not my mug. I don’t know what happen there but I have been told that it will be exchanged a.s.a.p. with the picture of my handsome self that I supplied.

And last but not least I have added a new blog to the blogroll. Easy Hunting Tips is written by Jerry. The blog provides a large variety of hunting tips and tricks that surely will help many hunters to improve his or her success. Judging by the amount of posts Jerry puts on the blog I can almost forgive him that he has as of this writing “forgotten” to exchange the favor and put my link on his blog.

Tags: , , , , ,

4 comments:

SimplyOutdoors said...

Tom's new show is very cool, and I"m sure all the time and effort are worth it. It turned out great.

I just recently linked up with Easy Hunting Tips as well, and that site has some great tips and advice located within its pages.

A very informative post and thanks for the updates Othmar.

Tom Sorenson said...

Thanks for all the kind words. The videos have been a lot of work - and being all self taught, I feel I've got a lot to learn, but I'm happy with being able to produce a show that doesn't get overwhelmed with "made for tv" production. It's fun to be constantly learning new things!

I was actually wondering about that mugshot at the top of the HuntOnly site - I was confused because it certainly didn't look like you!

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thank you for your comments. I agree with you Arthur the Base Camp video show is very nice and if they keep going in that direction we soon will see and hear a lot more about it.

Tom – I am happy to say that the “mug shot” has been replaced with the real McCoy. What a relive! Lol.
-ov-

Unknown said...

Congratulations on having your work available on another site. That's always nice.

I went by and took a look at Tom's videos. They look pretty good. I've done some video work myself so I know how hard it is to get it right. They've done a good job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...