Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dress in style

© By Othmar Vohringer

When I go out in town I like to spread the message that I am a hunter and that I am proud of it. However, I never wear camouflage clothing in town or even around the neighborhood. There are other ways, much more stylish, to let people know that I hunt.

T-Shirts with nice hunting and fishing motives are one of my favorites. It is difficult for me at times to find something that suits my style and is non-offensive to people that do not hunt. Obviously I wouldn’t wear anything that says something like “Buck Killer” printed on the shirt. My choice of hunting “advertisement” is exactly what the Texas based company Field Dress offers to hunters and fishers.

Field Dress, nice play on words, has come up with some stunning designs that are very stylish and beautiful. In true outdoor community fashion the company has created different lines of apparel catering to different segments of the hunting and fishing community.

The Evolution Timeline offers beautiful designs of bowhunting and fishing trough the decades of evolution from the beginning to the here and now and what it might look like in the future, simply a stunning concept with different design for hunters and fishers.

The Discover Your Roots line comes with a monster buck portrait, or a flushing pheasant, or a jumping largemouth bass. Other designs feature bowhunting and flyfishing motives.

I asked the owner of Field Dress, Chad Rodvold to tell me a little more about his company and the idea behind it, and that is what he had to say:
“I founded the company in 2005 in one of those "what am I going to do with my life" moments. I grew up in North Dakota and the outdoors was my life. After college, I moved to Dallas, TX to train for the 1996 Olympics as a javelin thrower and settled. After some family issues, I really needed to get back to who I was and do something I am passionate about. I took my son to Bass Pro and it was there I realized I had never owned a t-shirt that said how much I love to hunt and fish. I think most of the hunting and fishing tees are a little too "bold" to put it mildly and I thought I could come up with something better. I came up with the basic conceptual designs and a close friend polishes it to what you see today. We coined the phrases "nock-up", "hook-up", and "load-up" and added the established dates of each respective sport and Field Dress was born.

Getting started in today's economy has been difficult, but I keep getting good responses, so I am going to stick it out. With your help and others I am confident Field Dress could be a popular name in the outdoor industry.”

Having seen all the different designs - of which I only show a very samll sampling here- and the quality of the artwork and material I am not surprised that the company gets good responses. I mean, who wouldn’t want to wear one of these t-shirts. I know I will in a heartbeat. Heck, I'll get a few of them and give some away to my wife and friends too. Just do yourself a favor and visit the Field Dress website and you know why I am exited about this new line of outdoors sports dedicated T-Shirts.


All images courtesy of “Field Dress”.

Tags: , ,

Read my Product Review Policy

5 comments:

SimplyOutdoors said...

They do have some quality looking stuff. I don't wear camo that much in public either, and I agree that a lot of the pro hunting clothing out there is too bold.

These gentleman stopped by my site at one point, and I checked them out. Their stuff looks great.

I need to get over there and order some shirts.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Yes they do Arthur. When I went to the Field Dress website to find more information about their product I was almost in awe about the designs. When I shoed it to my wife, a designer herself, she simply said that is super quality work. A compliment like that coming from a designer I knew then and there that I have come across a product worth promoting. It does not happen often but when it does it is a real pleasure.
-ov-

Anonymous said...

Those are very tasteful designs. Something like that would just catch the viewers eye and that is all it would take.
I actually have a few shirts like that and have noticed that people will take a second look at what is on the shirt.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thanks for your comment. These are certainly nice design. I have orderd some for my wife and myself.
-ov-

Anonymous said...

I am definitely a t-shirt kind of guy and am always looking for something unique. These certainly look like they will fill the bill on first look here. Thanks, Othmar, for the link.

By the way, I have added the links to a couple of your blogs to my new blog. Hope that's o.k.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...