Thursday, July 19, 2007

Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer gets the “Power of Schmooze Award”

I am way behind with this one. On July 17, Kristine from the Hunt Smart, Think Safety blog sent me an email telling me that she has awarded me with the Power of Schmooze Award. Then a day later, yesterday, Eagle Eye from Idaho Fishin’ Times awarded me with a schmooze too. Sorry folks, it seems lately that 24 hours are just not enough for me to get everything done that I should or would like to do.

But I am here now, so without further ado lets get on with it. The “Power of Schmooze Award” is a blogging community involvement award. It is given to bloggers who make an effort to develop relationships with others in the blogosphere. I am honored that Kristine and Eagle Eye think that I am worthy of this award. Lately I have been absent from my blog and neglected the many blogger friends. Usually it is my custom to at least once a day visit all the blogs listed in my blog roll and leave a comment. I also strive to find new outdoor (hunting and fishing) blogs whenever I have time.

The blogging sphere is a great way to connect with other members of the hunting and fishing community and if we can connect trough comments on each others blogs and links then it’s even better. Over the time I have made some valuable new friends though blogging and networking, reading their blogs has taught me a lot and I hope that my readers can learn something too from my postings. What I really like about the outdoor blogging community is that we together have become a force to be considered. Together we can deliver our message to everybody, not only the hunters and fishers. Unlike hunting and fishing magazines blogs are read by everyone not only insiders.

According to the rules the award should be passed on to five other bloggers. These five should then pass the schmooze award on to five others of their choice and so on. Now lets see, who shall I honor with the Power of Schmooze Award?

Frank Baron
He is a fellow Canadian and avid fisherman that has written one of the best books on fishing “What Fish Don’t Want You To Know” that I have come across in quite sometime. His blog Remaindered Random Musings always gets a smile out of me, even on a day like today where I am beat and have to fight not to fall asleep on my keyboard.

Outdoor U
I am sure the “U” stands for University, at least that’s how I feel every time I visit that blog. Outdoor U is a rich information source with good tips for hunters and fishers plus other outdoor related topics.

The Outdoor News Hound
J.R. Absher keeps us all up-to-date with the latest news and happenings as the y become available. Reading his blog is like reading a daily outdoor newspaper. What I particularly like is that J.R. reports news with a fine underlining humor. It’s always as much fun to read his blog as it is newsworthy.

Great Wild Outdoors
This is a newer blog that I recently added to my blogroll. Great Wild Outdoors is a blog dedicated to anything outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing, boating, hunting, you name it. With this award I hope to boost visitor numbers to this wonderful blog. We all know how hard it is to get started as a blogger and gain readers. This might help him out a bit to that end.

Muskoka Outdoors Blog
Bill Anderson is another fellow Canadian, when I first found his very well written blog it was mostly about fishing. He is a fisher after all, and good one too from what I hear and the advice I read on his blog. Lately Bill also covers hunting and outdoor political issues on his blog

So there you have it. Would you look at that, I just have enough time to head out and visit a few of my blogger friends. Isn’t it great to be part of this community? You bet it is!

Tags: , , , , ,

5 comments:

Frank Baron said...

Thanks Othmar, I appreciate it. I'm going away for a vacation this morning though, and will be absent from a computer for most of the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Anonymous said...

It is terrific to be a part of this community. I am also continually amazed at the quality of information and writing that is put out there by those who write outdoor blogs.

Personally, I find it all pretty exciting.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Frank I hope you have a nice vacation and get some rest from everyday stress. Don’t forget to pack the fishing rod too.

Yes Kristine, it is terrific to be part of this dedicated community.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Anonymous said...

Thanks Othmar for listing a couple outdoor blogs that are new to me. Your endorsement will keep me following them closely from here out.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Darrell - I am glad you found something here that peaked you interest. I scout for new outdoor blogs when ever time permits. Like deer hunting, every so often I encounter encouraging sign that makes me look a bit closer. :)

-Othmar Vohringer-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...