As soon I take the new kid on the block to the range and put it trough its paces I will write a detailed report about my findings right here on Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer.
Meanwhile I leave you with a short description and some specs.
Wheaterby Vanguard® Synthetic
This is perhaps the best rifle value on the market today. The Vanguard® Synthetic will outperform rifles costing hundreds more and is guaranteed accurate.
All metalwork is matte black
- 24" barreled action bed to a raised comb, Monte Carlo, injection-molded composite stock
- One-piece forged, fluted bolt body with three gas ports
- One-piece, forged and machined receiver for the utmost in strength and structural integrity.
- Adjustable trigger can be precisely adjusted for let-off weight and sear engagement to match individual shooter preferences (within factory pre-set minimums). Sear engagement adjustments are for use by Weatherby factory and Authorized Service Center personnel only
- Guaranteed to shoot a 1 ½'' 3-shot group from a cold barrel at 100 yards when used with premium (non-Weatherby calibers) or Weatherby factory ammunition.
- Comes with factory-shot target.
Caliber: .270 Winchester
Weight: 7 3/4 lbs.
Overall Length: 44" or 44 1/2" depending on caliber.
Magazine Capacity: 5 + 1 in chamber for standard calibers.
Barrel Length/Contour: 24: #2.
Length of Pull: 13 1/2".
Drop at Comb: 1/2".
Drop at Heel: 7/8".
What I found really unique about the Vanguard is the accuracy guarantee. Weatherby guarantees the Vanguard will shoot a three-shot group within an inch and a half at 100 yards and sends a test target with every rifle to prove it. Many manufacturers offer an "entry level" big game rifle, but few stand behind any of these rifles with an accuracy guarantee. Weatherby's guarantee is as notable as it is refreshing.
Tags: Weatherby, Hunting Rifle, Firearms, .270 Winchester, Weatherby Vanguard