Friday, September 07, 2007

I am gone again over the weekend

Early tomorrow morning my hunting friends and I head out to our hunting cabin to fix it up and get it ready for November when we go back to hunt the mule deer rut. If I find time I would love to do a bit scouting too while there.

There will also be days during next week where I wont write on the blog. Next week is the main salmon migration time. It is expected that over 20 million salmon mover up the Fraser River. I am sure you understand that I have to spend some evenings after work on the river with rod in the hand rather than on the computer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, Othmar. Just come back with a report!

deerslayer said...

I'm sure everyone realizes that everyone needs some time to theirself along out doing what they enjoy most in life just relaxing. Have a great weekend and scout yourself a fine buck to hunt, also hope you catch some really nice salmon during the run.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the weekend and good luck on the week of fishing. Hopefully you will have some of that Salmon smoked for the Outdoor Bloggers Summit.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough life you lead. And you can bet that I would pick hunting and fishing over sitting at the computer anyday. Good luck and keep us updated.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thank you all for your understanding and wishes. I just came back from our scouting trip. We saw lots of deer. I spooked a mule deer buck that was so big that at first I thought it was an elk. We also saw a monster of an elk cow with her calf. Tons of deer, bear, coyote and deer sign everywhere we looked. Our hunting area is far into the wilderness where the logging roads end and big bucks begin.

Come back soon to read the full report and view the pictures. Now I have to store all my gear away and get the fishing gear ready for tomorrow, Monday, afternoon.

-Othmar Vohringer-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...