Thursday, March 18, 2010

I am going to be busy

© By Othmar Vohringer

This is just a quick update on what is happening around here.

I am going to be very busy, which leaves me little time to write on this blog until the middle of April. Since it is almost turkey hunting season I do try and keep Wild Turkey Fever regularly posted during that time.

Starting tomorrow, March 19, the mandatory BC hunter education course starts. The course will be held at the Nicola Valley Fish & Game Club and finishes with exams on March 22. I am proud to be a part of the official instructor team and I really look forward to welcome the 14 students to the course and later see them graduate and become hunters.

Then it is on to Keremeos for my turkey hunting seminar at the Keremeos-Cawston Sportsmen Association club house on March 28, seminar starting at 10 am. If you’re from the area and read this, I think there are still a few seats available. Contact: 250-499-5984 or 250-499-7171 for more information and booking.

I am particularly looking forward to the upcoming turkey hunting season, opening April 15, because this year I will take two new turkey hunters with me and assist them to hopefully get their first gobbler. To make this hunt the success I want it to be I will head out and scout for a few days right after the seminar.

After a few editorial start up difficulties – they had to find space and added an extra page to the newspaper - my outdoor column in the Merritt News (online version here) is now a regular feature.

BC Outdoors magazine, the main hunting and fishing magazine of our province, just got a completely new designed and interactive website online. One of the new neat features are the BC Outdoors blogs written by some of the BC household names in outdoor writing, such as Brian Chan and Phil Rowely, among others, covering the fishing blogs. Mike Mitchell, Greg Blackburn and myself write the hunting blogs. I feel honored to write specifically for the hunters in my own home province in such a prestigious publication as BC Outdoors. As an avid whitetail deer and turkey hunter I will of course cover that corner. Whitetail deer and turkey hunting are still quite new for British Columbia and that lets me to believe that my blog columns will become popular and in turn I can make these two new game species more popular with the hunters.

This blog post has been brought to you by Othmar Vohringer Outdoors

Read my bi-weekly newspaper column online.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...