Sunday, January 23, 2011

Five Years Outdoors With Othmar Vohringer

© By Othmar Vohringer

This week marks the fifth year since I wrote the first post on this blog. During that time the blog underwent many changes until it looked like now. The idea to start a blog came to me when I searched the Internet for some hunting information and came upon the Sportsman’s Blog, written by fellow outdoor writer Jim Braaten.

Immediately I thought that this is a great way to provide information and stay in touch with the readers. Over time I realized that a blog is the ideal vehicle to reach people that are not involved in hunting. To me that was an important issue amidst all the animal rights and anti hunting agenda cluttering the Internet I felt it is important to provide our view so non-hunters could make informed decision.

I was surprised how quickly “Outdoors with Othmar Vohringer” generated a following. This blog reached 100 viewers within the first week of its creation. This in turn encouraged me to launch. “Whitetail Deer Passion” and shortly after that I created a blog about my second most favourite game animal. “Wild Turkey Fever”.

While blogging takes a commitment and work it also has been very rewarding for me in many different ways. As the blog grew from a humble 100 visitors per week to over 90,000 per year the industry started to take notice, I am frequently asked to assist in the promotion of products and I received quite a few writing assignments from editors that read this and my other blogs. Last but by no means least, I appreciate more than words can express all the comments and emails I receive from my readers and I am thrilled that my blogs have helped some people to improve their hunting skills.

So here is to another five years of “Otdoors with Othmar Vohringer” and I say thank you to everyone for the tremendous support and encouragement you have given me over the past five years.

###

This blog post has been brought to you by Othmar Vohringer Outdoors

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions, Othmar, on (5) great years of blogging. Thank you also for the inspiration you gave me when I first started my blogging career. It was, and, still is one of the important factors that helped me establish a foundation for my blog through all of its changes also. May God Bless you and we'll continue to follow along if you don't mind on your way to (10) years of blogging.

Othmar Vohringer said...

Thank you Mel I appreciate your kind words. It's readers like you that make it all worthwhile and put a smile on my face. You have a great blog and I often wish that I had more time to head over and read more of your interesting stories and information.

-ov-

CDGardens said...

Congratulations to you! Looking forward to reading about your time outside,the inspiration you give others to explore, and experience the outdoors.

Outdoor Blogger Network said...

First, Congrats on 5 years! That's pretty impressive in the Blog universe.
Second, I'm here to let you know that you have been chosen as one of this weeks featured outdoor blogs on the Outdoor Blogger Network.
The announcement post is up and your RSS feed is live on the OBN homepage for the week.
Again, congrats on 5 years and keep it going and we'll celebrate 10 years with you!
Rebecca and Joe

Othmar Vohringer said...

CDGardens - Thank you for the kind words and good wishes.

Outdoor Blogger Network - Thanks for the kind words and yes I fully intend to keep this blog going and improving. Thanks for the highlight you gave me on your blog network.

-ov-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...