Because of that the avid turkey hunter has to be prepared for everything mother nature can dish out. For me this means, among other things, having a good pair of boots that can put up with the worst weather and still provide protection and comfort.
Is there such a thing? Yes there is! A year ago I purchased a pair of Muck boots and have grown so fond of them that I now own several pairs. I use to hate putting on rubber boots in wet weather because they made my feet sweat and cold. Another problem I encountered with rubber boots was that either they provided no ankle support or they when they did they were so tight that you needed Vaseline to in and out of them.
Here I introduce you to the two models that I might use on any of my turkey hunts.
In cold weather with snow still on the ground, which happens often around here in early spring, I chose to wear Artic-Pro Muck boots (the brown pair in the image)
- Fully insulated with 8mm Neoprene. This provides the optimal warmth, comfort, and waterproofing that you expect from a Muck Boot.
- A fleece liner is added to keep your feet warm in down to -60 degrees
- We wanted to make sure your feet were warm so we added an extra 2mm of thermal foam in the foot area.
- The stretch-fit topline binding is snug around the calf to keep warm air in and cold air out
- The seamless construction allows for easy cleaning with the simple spray of the hose
- Double reinforcement in the instep, heel and achilles area where you need it most.
- EVA midsole cushions with every step
- Our specially designed Bob-Tracker outsole is molded to be rugged, aggressive and durable.
- Anti-microbial treatment prevents growth of odor causing bacteria
- Inscentible® scent masking for improved concealment when hunting
- 5mm NEOPRENE bootie with four-way stretch nylon, 100% waterproof, lightweight and flexible
- Fleece lined
- Additional Achilles overlay for added protection
- 2mm thermal foam underlay added to the instep area for additional warmth
- EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed
- Reinforced toe
- MS-1 molded outsole is rugged, aggressive and durable for maximum protection and stability.
To find out more about Muck Boots visit their website.